Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday In the Country

Today was another beautiful sunny day.  I slept in till 9 this morning. It felt good to wake up to a nice warm day.  The sun came streaming through the kitchen window as we ate our croissant  for breakfast. What a pleasant way to start a Saturday morning.


Oh BTW, here is a piccy of my flowering fern on the front porch.  I think  'bonnie'  is so precious and delicate. 



We've  just  had  a  new arobics septic system put in about two months ago. All this rain we've been having lately has left it looking like we're trying to install an  in-ground pool or something. :(  It's really more like a disaster area back there right now what with that sink hole it seems to be making.  Sooooo the Mr. of the house got out his shovels, rakes, little garden cart and started pushing dirt this morning. He worked up a sweat, but it looks much better tonight.  I'll have to take a picture when it gets dry enough for me to get back there. 


While he was working outside, I started making one of his favorite desserts - Sweet Potato Pie - It's been a while since I made them, but sweet potatoes were on sale this week at Brookshires. The Mr came home with about 5lbs of said potatoes and how could I say no to that man?  Well I couldn't!  I got started and got the taters cookin' and had the pies done by lunch time. He has almost eat half a pie by himself. :)  I asked him to take me to get KFC for supper, NO DISHES tonight.. 


Well that's been my day,  and tomorrow is Sunday so I better get my Sunday school lesson read.  I hope your day was a good one, so until next time...


 Kiss the kids, and hug those that need it, and don't forget to give Thanks for all your blessing!

No comments: