Monday, October 19, 2009

Crochet - Ripple Baby Blanket

I  haven't  written any thing  in  my  blog since Saturday, but  I had a great Sunday. We got up early, went to church services and spent the afternoon  reading, and finishing up a few odds and ends around the house. We  went back to the evening service and enjoyed the teachings and study in the book of  Revelations. We are in the 11th chapter.  What a great God we serve!!!  

As for today well there isn't much to brag about other than to say it was a good day.  I always feel a bit lonely on Monday and that's b'cause the Mr. has to go back to work.  It's me and the fur baby come Monday mornings, but it's been this way a very long time so I should get use to it.  Seems I never will but it has to be that way for now.  The Mr. has been doing it going on 30 years at the same job.  Someday I hope he decides to retire, but he loves what he does, so he keeps doing it.  :)

I've been busy with the hook and thread for the past few weeks.  I wanted to have something on hand in case I get one of those last minute baby shower invitations.  I hate having to rush out and find something for a gift,  so I try and keep a baby blanket made for that special little new person.

I don't always think that mothers to be want things made in the common everyday baby pink and blue, so I decided to vary from that and go with this 'I Love This Yarn' in seafoam stripe (color #500)  and  white (color #10).. Both are really soft yarns when knitted or crocheted and easy to care for. Simple wash and dry on delicate makes a lovely warm and soft blanket.

That's about it for today.  Kiss the kids, and hug those that need someone to care about them. 

The pattern for the blanket is from  http://home.att.net/~susanBinKC/patterns/ripple.html   and it's a freebie.


No comments: