Monday, October 26, 2009

Pear Preserves

We had a great Sunday, and I have to show you what the Mr. and I made together.  We cut off pears on Saturday for our first try at making preserves, well we DID it.. We cooked them off Sunday after we got home from church... I know, I know, it's suppose to be a day of rest and reflection of things,  but sometimes life carries you in a different direction.  You deal with it, and move on to do other things.  That's the joy of life, or that's part of MY joy... Which I think my God understands.

Now we didn't get to many jars of pears this first time.  It was our experimental test run, but boy let me tell you, they taste yummy, and they look so darn pretty in the jars.  Yes we are going to can some more because the tree is still full of pears, but for now, here is a picture of some of the fruits of our labor.



Now don't those look yummy...and on a cold winter morning, it's gonna be good with hot biscuits and bacon.  My mouth is watering, and my eyes are delighted with the looks of them...

BTW,  you can CLICK the picture to make it larger.  I think larger shows these better..
So friends,  until next time,  y'all  kiss the kids, and hug someone that needs to know you care for them..  :)

No comments: