Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall Pears


Today was a pleasant day and I enjoyed it very much because the Mr. took the day off to go with me to Beltone. I had to get my hearing aide worked on.  It had lost it's programming, making it very hard for me to understand what was being said.  I'm totally deaf in the left ear, and only have about 70 percent hearing in my right ear.  Y'all be thankful if you have good hearing,  it's certainly NOT fun to be deaf. 

When we got done with getting my hearing aide fixed we went to Biglots.  The Mr. and I bought a few things, shampoo,  T-shirt for him, and a display case for his dad's U.S. flag.  His dad was in the service many many years ago.  When the Mr.'s dad passed away in the 80's they gave him a military funeral. The family gets to keep the flag that has been draped over the casket.  Well the Mr.'s mother always had the flag, but since she is in the nursing home and can't keep it any longer the flag will have a place in our home.  I didn't want to put it in a closet and forget it.  So I told the Mr. we needed to get the case for it to be kept safe and dust free.   :)

Not much happening tonight, watching tv,  surfing the net, and relaxing.  I might be making pear preserves tomorrow, so got to rest up for that.  I've never made pear preserves before, not by myself. I have helped my Mother and watched while my Mother-In-Law did it, but I'll be on my own this year. I hope I can get them right without goofin' it up to bad.  We have two trees full of pears, and they are beginning to fall off the trees now.  They are what we call October pears.  The picture below is what they look like all ripe and ready for harvest.

So until next time y'all  kiss the kids, and give hugs to those that need to know you love and care for them.


No comments: